Lactation Services at EMMC:
There are many benefits of breastfeeding for both babies and mothers. Through education, assistance, and support, our Lactation Consultants can help you be successful in providing your baby with the best nutrition.
Our services include:
- Lactation Consultants available for one to one consultation Mondays through Saturdays from 7:00-3:00
- Lactation Consultants available by appointment for one on one consultation for outpatients during the same hours.
- Breastfeeding support group meets in the Lactation and Perinatal Education office on Phillips Oliver 5 the second Tuesday of every month from 10:00-12:00.
- Breastfeeding classes taught by the Lactation Consultants are offered through as part of the Childbirth Education series.
- Help available through Lactation Warmline at 973-8673.
- Breastpump sales and rentals as well as breastfeed supplies for sale by appointment. Call 973-8673 or 973-8730.
There are several things to keep in mind when beginning to breastfeed your baby. Click here for some general tips about breastfeeding and please call the warmline for more specific concerns.