CancerCare of Maine recently received their three-year approval with commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
Receiving this accreditation ensures that patients at CancerCare of Maine have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state of the art services and equipment
- A multispecialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer related information, education, and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Quality care close to home
CoC approval is nationally recognized by The Joint Commission, American Cancer Society, Aetna, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, National Quality Forum, and the National Cancer Institute as having established performance measures for the provision of high quality cancer care.